Contents :

A collection of thoughts, and my notes about experiments and ideas, technical or otherwise, connected to Amateur Radio, Satellite working and monitoring and other electronics.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Acer Aspire One as QRSS grabber ?

Today I installed the Ubuntu version made for netbooks - the "Easy-Peasy" distro - on my Acer Aspire One.

The install rendered the Wireless LAN inoperable, but after a standard update (via the wired LAN) it was working fine.

After installing a few of my well known applications I tried to get SpectrumLab up and running under WINE.

After an attempt to install on the "Z" drive failing, I finally got it installed to the "drive_c"

It took a bit of playing around with the mixer to get the input from the radio running. Apparently the sensitivity of the AA1 mic input is somewhat lower than on an older machine I have working here.

After some hours of work with the AA1 I intend to leave it for now and continue my reading. Later for trying to get WSPR/WSJT running - that should be "fun" (yeah - right!).

With SpecLab I should be able to make some simple grabber software for image upload, possibly with a script. I will need more knowledge of Linux than I have now, but this is part of getting things working.

No comments:

Post a Comment