Contents :

A collection of thoughts, and my notes about experiments and ideas, technical or otherwise, connected to Amateur Radio, Satellite working and monitoring and other electronics.

Monday, May 17, 2010

RM80 update

I have been operating the soldering iron and modified the RockMite 80 for 3500kHz.

The kit will be used as receiver only, so I bypassed the crystal tuning, ending up on a LO frequency around 3499.920, nicely suited for a grabber on 3500.800kHz

The receiver is probably not too sensitive, so I intend to test it, first with my 30m tuned loop, then most likely with an active antenna of some variety.

The first test has been monitoring the drift of the LO, it looks fairly stable, so a later test will be the rx sensitivity.

Next on the workbench will be the 80m Warbler, usable for PSK31 (of course) and a grabber on the colour burst frequency. I will be building it exactly as intended in the original design, then later build another for use on 40m WSPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment