In order to test the filter I got via ebay, I just connected it outdoors, not really the best thing to do.
Today I went to the local "elektronica-boer" and got some connector adapters making it possible to move the filter indoors. I had to retain the filter before the extra indoor amplifier in order to avoid IMD problems, so a bit of extra adapters were necessary.
One day I will have to make a web page describing the whole thing, but that is for later.
Busy day tomorrow with non-radio stuff, so hope to get a bit more done today.
A Wonderful Troubleshooting Story -- Thailand, Mixers, a Simpson 260, Microwaves, and some Black Tape - My old friend was really fortunate to have had such a good Staff Sergeant instructor at Signal School, someone for whom the mixer trig was obviously not en...
15 hours ago