Contents :

A collection of thoughts, and my notes about experiments and ideas, technical or otherwise, connected to Amateur Radio, Satellite working and monitoring and other electronics.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Too close for comfort - poof !

Looks like I blew my sband LNA.

I noticed that I could not hear the "beacon" sat signal on 2242.488, so checked. changed the LNA to another one, and signals came back - probably with a slightly higher Noise Figure (L-band LNA).

so - I opened the LNA and what did I find ? it is not a GaAs Fet amplifier as such, but a GaAs MMIC. Not really a problem, I have a replacement with the same pinout - only snag - it is SMD, so I hope my soldering and vision will up to the challenge.

LNA Spiritus Basta !

Why did this happen ? I transmitted on 2m with an antenna too close to the sband antenna. Oops !

No comments:

Post a Comment