Contents :

A collection of thoughts, and my notes about experiments and ideas, technical or otherwise, connected to Amateur Radio, Satellite working and monitoring and other electronics.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Another alternative for S-Band

I just found yet another alternative for "watching" satellites on S-band.

I have an Icom R3 receiver, covering up to 2.5 GHz, albeit only for FM and ATV. However, I found a rather simple modification for an IF output at the site of G6LVB where he describes the mod.

I think I will do that one and see how it works, even before I start modifying the converter. Only problem seems to be frequency stability.

The IF in question is 26.05 MHZ, but I have one of the Elektor programmable SDR's covering up to 30 MHz, so that looks like a useable, if not ideal solution.

This could, of course also be used with a HF receiver for receiving SSB or CW on the 13 cm amateur band

So many ideas, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment