I was growing tired of having poor reception of the transmissions from ISS on 145.800/825 and 143.625 MHz, so decided for a quick ground plane antenna. What to do for a quick antenna ?
Here we go :
1) use a piece of coax, strip about 53 cm of the shield off
2) connect 2 pieces of (insulated) wire about the same length to the shield connection
3) insulate with duct tape for a quick weather protection (will not hold long, but this is a temporary setup)
4) string the thing up between the clothesline and the balcony railing
5) pull the cable through the wall/door/window
6) add connector indoors to the radio and connect to radio
Results receiving ISS were better than using mu uhf-satcom log periodic array (no real surprise there)
I still need a better antenna/antenna position (poor reception when the ISS signal has to go through the buildin), and since I have some noise, so more to do.
Probably a 2m antenna with preamp (cable length) in the dormer.
2024 10m QRSS Challenge: - WA1EDJ in the state of Georgia - 2nd March - As part of a challenge for 2024, I've decided to see how many QRSS signals I could capture on the 28 MHz band during the year. On the 2nd of March, I got...
1 day ago